Someone is asking, why do I need to put on the armor, and who am I in combat with? Great question, and Ephesians 6:13 (NLT) helps us answer the question; “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle, you will still be standing firm.” Listen to this quote, “The soldier is summoned to a life of active duty and so is the Christian.” William Gurnall. Notice the keyword, ACTIVE DUTY, is a significant word because we are not to be at ease because “…the devil is like a roaring lion…” Read 1 Peter 5:8 (AMP).
In response to some questions, who is the battle against?
- Against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world.
- Against mighty powers in this dark world.
- And against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
And to respond to the 2nd question, who is the battle not against?
- The battle is not against flesh and blood. In other words, we are not the enemies. The Bible clearly tells us who the enemy is – the devil. Read Revelations 12:10-11 (NLT). Watch this, we are on the same team, I am not your enemy. And we have a common enemy – the devil.
The 3rd response to a question, what should be my position?
- Take your position to stand firm. A warrior stands firm, is rooted and planted in the courts of our God. A warrior is immovable like mount Zion – Read Psalm 125:1 (NLT).
My Father, thank you for revealing and impacting my human spirit with Your truth. I stand in my place of authority and like Your, Word said: “When I make a decision on something, it will be established for me, and light will brighten my way.” Read Job 22:28 (ISV).
We write. You read. Be encouraged.