God is the one who builds His Church. As ministers in the Kingdom of God, we do not have the capacity to own a Church; it is impossible. The Bible says, “I will build My Church…” The emphasis is quite clear, God uses the words I and MY, implying sole ownership; inadvertently making us custodians. A custodian is not an owner, but a manager.
For the time is coming, says the Lord, “when I will raise up a righteous descendant from King David’s line. He will be a King who rules with wisdom. He will do what is just and right throughout the land. And this will be His name: ‘The Lord Is Our Righteousness.’ In that day Judah will be saved, and Israel will live in safety.” Read Jeremiah 23:5-6 (NLT). Therefore, what are the implications of a RIGHTEOUS BRANCH?
The text tells us the following:
- A King who will rule with wisdom
- “The beginning of wisdom is, get [skilful and godly] wisdom [it is pre-eminent]! And with all your acquiring, get understanding [actively seek spiritual discernment, mature comprehension, and logical interpretation].” Read Proverbs 4:7 (AMP).
- Wisdom is putting into practice or application insight you have received from the Lord. The Lord will give you the strategy to navigate your way through the maze of life.
- A King who will do what is right and righteous
- “Servants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not only when their eyes are on you as pleasers of men, but in simplicity of purpose [with all your heart] because of your reverence for the Lord and as a sincere expression of your devotion to Him.” Read Colossians 3:22 (AMPC).
- “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness…” Matthew 6:33. The priority of the King is to always seek God’s way of doing things. God’s ways glorify Him.
As leaders in any sphere of life, Godly precepts and principles ought to be our mantra. And when we embrace God’s way of leadership in business or at home, the effect listed in Jeremiah 23:5-6 will become inevitable in our lives.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.