As I engage the text in Deuteronomy, my understanding is being expanded on this subject of REMEMBERING. We have to make a conscious effort on a daily basis to REMEMBER the Lord our God. Scriptures guarantee this, “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world, you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]” Read John 16:33 (AMP). REMEMBER, God has conquered the world, the enemy has been defeated, and all your foes are destroyed.
“He has made His wonderful works to be remembered; the Lord is gracious, merciful, and full of loving compassion. He has given food and provision to those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him; He will remember His covenant forever and imprint it [on His mind].” Read Psalm 111:4-5 (AMP). Watch this, God gave us our faculties so that we can REMEMBER His wonderful works. Our faculties are not to be used to store things that will pollute our minds.
Are you aware, God has wired us to RECALL His wonderful works? Oh, how Ricky? Listen to this, “For who has known the mind and purposes of the Lord, so as to instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ [to be guided by His thoughts and purposes].” Read 1 Corinthians 2:16 (AMP).
What are these wonderful works? I am glad you asked; the text will help us answer the question. God’s wonderful works include:
- The Lord is Gracious
- “For out of His fullness [the superabundance of His grace and truth] we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favour upon favour, and gift heaped upon gift].” Read John 1:16 (AMP). Watch this beloved, God is too gracious!
- The Lord is Merciful
- “Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favour] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment].” Read Hebrews 4:16 (AMP). But for the mercies of God, we were all condemned to hell, we better thank God.
- The Lord is full of loving Compassion
- “Yet the proof of God’s amazing love is this: that it was while we were sinners that Christ died for us.” Read Romans 5:8 (PHILLIPS). This is compassion per excellence.
- The Lord provides
- “After all, God can give you everything that you need, so that you may always have sufficient both for yourselves and for giving away to other people.” Read 2 Corinthians 9:8 (PHILLIPS). There is no lack in Him beloved.
Lord, Jesus, thank You. I am eternally grateful, appreciative and I acknowledge Your hand and wonderful works in my life.
#Remember the Lord your God.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.