I sure hope by now, we would have understood the need to make the right 20/20 resolution. The Scripture reminds us, “God has empowered you and me to excel in whatsoever we put our hands to do.” Read Deuteronomy 30:9a (AMP). There is a caveat though; as long as it is in line with His plan purpose and pursuits for you.
Now, what needs to be done once we have embraced the right 20/20 resolution? I believe there are some steps one will need to take to be effective and seeing through our 20/20 resolution through. To encourage you and me, the Bible counsels, “That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God Himself willing and working at what will give Him the most pleasure.” Read Philippians 2:13 (MSG). So, we must rest easy and lean on God’s wisdom, insight and strength to help us through the year and beyond.
- Study the Word of God:
- “Always be eager to present yourself before God as a perfect and mature minister, without shame, as one who correctly explains the Word of Truth.” Read 2 Timothy 2:15 (TPT). We must be students and devourers of God’s Word. Having an insatiable appetite for Biblical truth, and the whole truth, so help me God.
- Meditate on the Word of God:
- “Don’t get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you’re going. And don’t for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you’ll get where you’re going; then you’ll succeed.” Read Joshua 1:8 (MSG). Beloved, you want to succeed the right way? Meditate on God’s Word, find God’s Word and devour it whole.
- Pray in the Spirit and in Tongues:
- “Pray passionately in the Spirit, as you constantly intercede with every form of prayer at all times.” Read Ephesians 6:18 (TPT). Watch this, praying in the spirit is not praying in tongues in this context1 What then is praying in the spirit? Ephesians 6:17b (TPT) helps us answer, “And take the mighty razor-sharp Spirit-sword of the spoken Word of God.” In other words, praying in the Spirit is actually praying God’s Word, praying with insight and understanding.
- “The one who speaks in tongues advances his own spiritual progress.” Read 1 Corinthians 14:4a (TPT). This is a massive Scripture, and if we want to advance, then pray in tongues.
“Yes, feast on all the treasures of the heavenly realm and fill your thoughts with heavenly realities, and not with the distractions of the natural realm.” Read Colossians 3:2 (TPT). This is my prayer, Lord.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.