In the course of studying and meditating on the text YES, Lord, I began to realise that YES to the Lord covers a broad spectrum, hence I want us to look at some specific areas of benefit when we say YES to God’s will. In my personal walk and relationship with God one thing I have had to remind myself of constantly is “God loves me.” As simple as it may sound, holds very true and for me to keep reminding myself of this truth. The scripture says, “We know how much God loves us, and WE HAVE PUT OUR TRUST IN HIS LOVE.” Read 1 John 5:16 (NIV).
The more I develop in and remind myself of Gods love for me; I love Him more and confident in His plans purpose and pursuit for my life and that of my family. The Bible says, “For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Read John 3:16 (TLB). God’s love for humanity compelled Him to give His best – His Son. Beloved, you and I must comprehend and embrace this truth, and I believe it is the very foundation of our existence in Christ Jesus. Saying YES to God is evidence of our trust in Him.
Think with me for a moment, ‘The most important voice you should hear besides the Lord is yours.’ Therefore, what you hear yourself say is critically important. Listen to this, “Your words either defeat you, or they bring you victory,” Gloria Copeland. This is an important saying because in the process of your YES decisions, you equally experience the benefits that come with your decision to say YES. First and foremost, we say YES to the Lord – His will and way. Subsequently, we say YES because of the significant privileges associated with our response, therefore, let us look at some of these privileges.
- YES, to God’s Love
- “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.” Read Songs of Solomon 6:3 (TLB).
- YES, to God’s Salvation
- Jesus told him, “I am the Way—yes, and the Truth and the Life.” Read John 14:6 (TLB).
- YES, to God’s Purpose
- “I knew you before you were formed within your mother’s womb; before you were born I sanctified you and appointed you as my spokesman to the world.” Read Jeremiah 1:5 (TLB).
- YES, to God’s Faithfulness and Trust
- “God is faithful [He is reliable, trustworthy and ever true to His promise—He can be depended on], and through Him you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” Read 1 Corinthians 1:9 (AMP).
- YES, to God’s Exceedingly Abundant Grace
- “And the grace (unmerited favor and blessing) of our Lord [actually] flowed out superabundantly and beyond measure for me, accompanied by faith and love that are [to be realized] in Christ Jesus.” Read 1 Timothy 1:14 (AMPC).
- YES, to God’s Divine Health
- “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” Read 3 John 2 (NIV).
- YES, to God’s Provision
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Read Philippians 4:19 (NIV).
- YES, to Spiritual Maturity
- “I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 May have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Read Ephesians 3:16-19 (NIV).
- YES, to God’s Righteousness
- “For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” Read 2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV).
This list is by no means exhaustive, and I have tried to capture and document areas of interests cutting across several categories. You can most definitely add and create your own list. In the course of this topical discussion and enlightenment, I hope I have been able to stir you up into how you respond to God’s word and the bidding of the Holy Spirit. Listen to this beautiful statement, “You and I are able to hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.” Read Hebrews 10:23 (NIV). In other words, I am full of conviction in my heart about God’s love and commitment for Him to keep His promises concerning me and my family; hence I can confidently say YES to His will and His ways.
Watch this, the source of our YES is etched in this scripture which says, “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Read Philippians 2:13 (KJV). It is our Father’s good pleasure to do us good; and He will. We are powered by the Holy Spirit, and He is the enabler.
Lastly, my desire as you read this topical discussion is there would be a leap in your spirit because it would bear witness to truth, and that truth is what sets you free and that truth is what is contained therein, Hallelujah.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.