When elected officials were sworn into office, they took an oath to uphold the rule of law and to be law abiding and not to be rule breakers but to execute their jobs with integrity and fairness. The political sphere we observe today across the world as far as I am concerned is one of concern. And that is why I am calling for Christians who are in politics or any sphere of authority to stand up for and speak the truth to authority. Paul writes to the Corinthians saying, “Our authority builds you up; it doesn’t tear you down.” Read 2 Corinthians 10:8 (NIV).
- Boastful and show no respect for authority.
- “God-devotion makes a country strong; God-avoidance leaves people weak. Diligent work gets a warm commendation; shiftless work earns an angry rebuke.” Read Proverbs 14:34-35 (MSG). The strength of any nation is not just in their military or economic ability, I strongly believe it has a lot more to do with Godliness and Godly leaders doing the bidding and leading of God in the fear and admonition of the Lord. No one is above the law, although it seems there are several tiers of the law depending on which side of the socio-economic spectrum you come under.
- God used His authority to build and to elevate us, and nowhere in scripture will you find God making us subservient; a million times no way, instead His purpose was to establish us, give us a hope and a future. But what we see with elected officials is quite the opposite. They use their office as a means to harshly rule the people and control for their own selfish motives. This is quite prevalent within political circles, and dare I say, Churches.
- Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD.” Read 1 Corinthians 1:31 (NLT). Watch this, your boasting ought to be in the Lord alone for what He has done and accomplished in and through you, and a way to honor God is by acknowledging that everything you have accomplished to this to this point has come from the Lord. Your boasting must be exclusively in the Lord and His Word. Exclusivity in all and everything belongs to the Lord God Almighty.
- Don’t attempt to boast in your own human wisdom, and I am aware there can be the tendency for that to happen, hence the more reason for us to look to God as “the author and finisher of faith.” Paul writes, “when people commend themselves, it doesn’t count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them.” Read 2 Corinthians 10:18 (NIV).
When we honor God, we are honored, hence the Bible says, “But now the Lord declares, ‘Far be it from Me—for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me will be insignificant and contemptible.” Read 1 Samuel 2:30 (AMP). So you can see here your significance and reputation comes from God.
Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for my boast is in You. My trust is in You my Father. Without You, I am nothing, but with You, I am much more, advantaged, prosperous in spirit, soul and body. Hallelujah, Glory to God.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.