The Sovereign Lord of the universe is your defender, therefore, there is nothing for you and me to be afraid of, hence the scripture reminds us, “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes. I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Read Isaiah 41:10 (NIV). God is an awesome protector on your behalf. And this truth does embolden you and me to stand firm irrespective of what the enemy might throw or bring our way.
Listen to this, “The Lord Himself has promised to be a protective wall of fire surrounding Jerusalem, and he will be its shining glory in the heart of the city.” Read Zechariah 2:5 (CEV). Can you see this? Fire burns and acts as a barricade preventing entry, therefore, when God Himself says to you, “He is a wall of fire…” Watch this, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing will harm you.
When we look through the scriptures, we come across instances of God’s mighty power on display, and I want to use this post to highlight and talk in detail about God’s exploits as it relates to how He rescued the children of Israel from the land of Egypt and from the Ammonites and the Moabites.
- And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.” Read 2 Kings 6:17-20 (NIV). From this text, I want to highlight some key pointers to further strengthen our understanding; truth we should embrace.
- Elisha prayed “LORD to open Gehazi’s eyes.”
- Gehazi looked and saw “Elisha was filled or surrounded with horses and chariots of fire.”
- God brought victory against the Arameans.
- There was a celebration afterwards.
Therefore, there ought to be a sense of acknowledgment that, “The LORD is a Man of war; The LORD is His Name. My Father in Heaven, thank You for securing my victory. My trust and strength are in You and I am eternally grateful for Your Holy Spirit.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.