“Let it be our delight to find our society in the circle of which Jesus is the centre, and let us make those our friends who are the friends of Jesus.” Charles Spurgeon. Think with me for a moment, God delights in us, we delight in ourselves because He is in us. What else then are we supposed to delight ourselves in? I will like to know and the scriptures will help us answer this question. God is truly good because he is a delightful God. God is so good because when you open up your heart to Him, he fills you with insight; because as the people of God, we can surely “delight in the fruit of the spirit – Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.” Read Galatians 5:22 (ESV).
- Delight in the Word of God.
- “Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord, God of hosts.” Read Jeremiah 15:16 (ESV).
- “I will delight in Your statutes. I will not forget Your words. Your decrees are my delight. I delight in Your commands. But I delight in Your instructions for they are my delight.” Read Psalm 119 (HCSB).
- Delight in the Love of God.
- “For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.” Read Hosea 6:6 (ESV).
- “Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Read Romans 5:5 (AMP). In other words, it is totally possible to love people; albeit with the help of the Holy Spirit.
- Delight in Praising God.
- “Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!).” Read Psalm 150:6 (AMP).
- “He is your praise and He is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome works your eyes have seen.” Read Deuteronomy 10:21 (HCSB).
- Delight in Prayer.
- “Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).” Read Luke 18:1 (AMPC).
- “Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually [longing to be in His presence].” Read 1 Chronicles 16:11 (AMP).
My Father, thank You for delighting in me irrespective of myself. I am deeply grateful and appreciate Your loving kindness and abundant grace.
#God delights in you.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.