For centuries and looking through Bible history, mighty and powerful nations have existed and God has demolished all of them because of their rejection of God. Listen to this, “Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana. This statement is as true today as when it was spoken. And quite frankly as a people, we are repeating it today and have refused to hearken unto the LORD. In other words, we have rejected God!
Let me give us some history lesson here; nations and people who came up against God have been severely judged and in some cases wiped out. For example:
- Babylon [confusion]- “For the destroyer is coming against her, against Babylon, and her mighty men will be captured, their bows are shattered, for the Lord is a God of recompense, He will fully repay.” Read Jeremiah 51:56.
- And on her forehead, a name was written, a mystery: “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES (false religions, heresies) AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” Read Revelation 17:5 (AMP).
- Roman Empire – Read Daniel 2:36-46 and Daniel 17: 17-19
- Egypt – The ten plagues upon Egypt because they refused to honour God. Read Exodus 7:19-21, 24-25 (KJV).
- Amalekites – “[Balaam] looked at Amalek and took up his [prophetic] utterance, and said: Amalek is the foremost of the [neighbouring] nations, but in his latter end he shall come to destruction.” Read Numbers 24:20 (AMPC).
- Sodom and Gomorrah – So the Lord said, “I will destroy, blot out, and wipe away mankind, whom I have created from the face of the ground—not only man, [but] the beasts and the creeping things and the birds of the air—for it grieves Me and makes Me regretful that I have made them.” Read Genesis 6:7 (AMPC).
- “Then God rained brimstone and fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah—a river of lava from God out of the sky!—and destroyed these cities and the entire plain and everyone who lived in the cities and everything that grew from the ground.” Read Genesis 19:24-25 (MSG).
- New Orleans and Katrina Hurricane in 2015.
- Tsunami in Japan of 2011.
- China’s massive Three Gorges Dam is at risk of blowing, putting 400 million people at risk.
Listen to this, “For the Lord is indignant against all nations, and His wrath is against all their host. He has utterly doomed them, He has given them over to slaughter.” Read Isaiah 34:2 (AMPC). I ask the question, do we as people think we can come up against God and win? A million times no. Again, like Paul, I beseech you by the mercies of God to be careful what you wish for because God knew you and had a plan for you before the foundations of the earth.
My Father, I ask you, “Have mercy” on us and our soul in Christ Name.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.