Someone asked, how does the Word of God become “a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path“? This is a good question, and the answer is quite simple.
- You must be Born Again – “The Christian faith is ultimately not only a matter of doctrine or understanding or of intellect, but it is a CONDITION OF THE HEART.” Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
- Listen to what Jesus said, “You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.” Read John 3:7 (NIV). Jesus’s response was so simple such that no one ever expected the solution to be “Born Again.” Well, you might be saying, is it that simple? Yes, it is that simple, the first important step is to be Born Again.
- Get to know the Word – God’s Word – Your new identity is now found in Jesus Christ, consequently, maintaining the fervour and desire for God is to know what His Word says. The Bible says, “When Your words showed up, I ate them— swallowed them whole. What a feast! What delight I took in being yours.” Read Jeremiah 15:16 (MSG).
- Be a person of Prayer – Prayer is simply putting God in remembrance of His Word. This quote sums up the text “Triumphant prayer is almost impossible where there is neglect of the study of the Word of God. R. A. Torrey. The Bible says, “Then He gave them an illustration to show that they must always pray and never lose heart.” Read Luke 18:1 (PHILLIPS).
- Be a person of the Spirit – The scriptures say, “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him can only worship in spirit and in reality.” Read John 4:24 (PHILLIPS). Brothers and sisters, the Word of God and what it says is our reality. Therefore, my question for us today is, What is your reality? What determines your reality?
- Galatians 5:22 (PHILLIPS) sums it all up for us, “The Spirit, however, produces in human life fruits such as these: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, fidelity, tolerance and self-control—and no law exists against any of them. Those who belong to Christ have crucified their old nature with all that it loved and lusted for. If our lives are centred in the Spirit, let us be guided by the Spirit.” A person of the spirit expresses and exhibits the gifts in Galatians 5:22. These fruits are the acid test for you as a believer as to whether the Word is a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path.
- Trust and Obey – “With ALL your heart you MUST TRUST the Lord and not your own judgment. Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow.” Read Proverbs 3:5-6 (CEV). You might have heard this song, “Trust and obey, for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to TRUST and OBEY.
Father, thank You for my life is regulated by Your Word. Thank You for Your Word is my standard, Your Word is my light pointing me in the way I should go. I am in awe of Your loving-kindness, grace and mercy.
#Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.