Upon further studies and meditation, it is fascinating to know God’s Word is the very essence and presence of God. Listen to this, “We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behaviour.” John Stott. Are you aware God speaks to you and me primarily through His Word? So if you are not studying the Word of God, how then are you being led? The Bible says, “Only those people who are led by God’s Spirit are His children.” Read Romans 8:14 (CEV).
The Word of God describes the deity of Christ, and are you aware Jesus is God? Listen to this text, “For unto us a child is born; unto us, a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder. These will be His royal titles: “Wonderful,” “Counselor,” “The Mighty God,” “The Everlasting Father,” “The Prince of Peace.” Read Isaiah 9:6 (TLB). Can you see this? Jesus is God, and the Word uses several words to describe Christ, therefore, let us take a look at some descriptions of the Word of God.
- God’s Word is His law – “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of God.” Read Psalm 119:1 (NKJV).
- God’s Word is a record of His testimonies – “Blessed are those who keep His testimonies.” Read Psalm 119:2 (NKJV).
- God’s Word is a revelation of His ways – “Rejecting compromise with evil and walking only in His paths.” Read Psalm 119:3 (TLB).
- God’s Word is the source of cleansing – “How can a young man stay pure? By reading Your Word and following its rules.” Read Psalm 119:9 (TLB).
- God’s Word is a ready counsellor – “Your laws are both my light and my counsellors.” Read Psalm 119:24 (TLB).
- God’s Word is strength – “My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to Your Word.” Read Psalm 119:28 (NIV).
- God’s Word is the source of life – “I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to Your Word.” Read Psalm 119:25 (NIV).
- God’s Word is salvation – “May Your unfailing love come to me, Lord, Your salvation, according to Your promise.” Read Psalm 119:41 (NIV).
- God’s Word is trustworthy – “then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in Your Word.” Read Psalm 119:42 (NIV).
Psalm 119 gives us a description or characteristics of God’s Word, therefore, I will encourage you to study Psalm 119 in its entirety, then apply the revelation and insight into your daily walk and relationship with Christ. Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, pastors, teachers, deacon, bishop, reverend, apostle; when it is all said and done, one thing is certain, God’s Word will and must be exalted.
I want to encourage you this day “give it all up to God,” He is eager and waiting to hear you call out to Him for help. Remember, we are all in need of God.
#The Word is a lamp.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.
One thought on “The Word is a lamp – Part 3”
Of a truth, God’s Word is my lamp