“Christ is the Word of God in person. The Bible is the Word of God in writing. Both are the Word of God in the words of men. Both have a human nature and a divine nature.” Peter Kreeft. God’s Word exposes us to the Divine Nature Attitude of God. To know God is first to know His Word. The Word of God is a transformer! It is my light!! It is my salvation!!!
The Bible’s description of the Word of God is thus:
- God’s Word is eternal –
- “Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.” Read Psalm 119:89 (NIV). Listen to this, God’s promises concerning you is eternal, long-lasting and forever settled.
- God’s Word is the Word of truth –
- “Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.” Read John 17:17 (AMPC).
- God’s Word is the foundation of good judgement and knowledge –
- “Teach me good judgement and knowledge, for I believe Your commandments.” Read Psalm 119:66 (NKJV).
- God’s Word is a light to the pathway of life –
- “You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.” Read Psalm 16:11 (AMP).
- God’s Word is the pure Word of God –
- “Your Word is very pure; therefore, Your servant loves it.” Read Psalm 119:140 (NKJV).
- “Every Word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.” Read Proverbs 30:5 (NIV).
- God’s Word is the source of stability –
- “Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble.” Read Psalm 119:165 (NKJV).
- God’s Word is an eternal heritage –
- “Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.” Read Psalm 119:111 (NKJV).
This is my prayer, “the entirety of Your Word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgement endures forever.” Read Psalm 119:160 (NKJV).
#The Word is a lamp.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.
One thought on “The Word is a lamp – Part 4”
Kolumns keeps getting better, and God is wonderful in revealing simple yet profound insights through Kolumns.
Blessings to the Kolumns team