This is a beautiful quote, “God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which He must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.” A. W. Tozer. In other words, “No Shaking” no matter how long it takes.
Here is another reason for WAITING.
- So as to RECEIVE the promise.
- “And I myself will send upon you what my Father has promised. But you must WAIT in the city until the power from above comes down upon you.” Read Luke 24:49 (GNT). Jesus was telling His disciples to stay put until they received the promise. Therefore, I want to encourage us, not to rush and uproot ourselves from the place where God has determined for us to stay to receive the promise. Here, we see a condition for receiving; WAITING.
- Jesus WAITED until He was 30 years of age before His public ministry took off. Read Luke 3:23 (MSG). So what was He doing before then? Good question, and let us look at the scripture to answer the question, “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.” Read Luke 2:52 (NIV). Here is my point, the reason for WAITING is to grow in wisdom and stature; it is a time to develop spiritual guts and muscles.
- Strength is renewed.
- “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” Read Isaiah 40:31 (NLT). Listen to this, WAITING and TRUST go hand in hand.
- “To conclude. Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.” Read Ephesians 6:10 (MOFFATT).
Whilst in WAITING, it is really the anointing of God that will see you through. It is not in the WAITING in itself, but the substance behind the WAITING. The anointing will underpin and undergird you during these times of WAITING.
My Father, I thank You for Your awesome mighty power. Your Word says, “Sovereign Lord, I know that you have shown me only the beginning of the great and wonderful things you are going to do.” Read Deuteronomy 3:24 (GNT). Therefore, I WAIT with expectancy and lift up my voice in praise to say, “How great thou art.”
#There is a reason WAITING is important.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.