“The Bible was not given for our information but for our transformation.” Dwight L. Moody. The Bible says, “Truth’s shining light guides me in my choices and decisions; the revelation of Your word makes my pathway clear.” Read Psalm 119:105 (TPT). There is power in the Name of the Lord, and the Scripture says, “God has placed eternity in our hearts.” Read Ecclesiastes 3:11. Watch, this is big because eternity in the heart of man means that whatever it is we build must have eternal value and importance. Eternal values are things that will last, and those things alone which the Lord has ordained.
The importance in understanding the Names of God cannot be over-emphasized, because when we understand the integrity of the person we are dealing with, then, building according to His pattern becomes a thing of joy. The Bible refers to the Names of God as:
- El Shaddai – God Almighty.
- “I am God Almighty; Walk [habitually] before Me [with integrity, knowing that you are always in My presence], and be blameless and complete [in obedience to Me].” Read Genesis 17:1 (AMP). The one who commands you and me to build according to the pattern is all-powerful. The Bible says, “He is mighty in battle and glorious in victory.
- Yahweh Yireh – The Lord will provide.
- “Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (“the Lord will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” Read Genesis 22:13-14 (NLT). Everything you will ever need to build according to His pattern will be made available to you.
- Yahweh Nissi – The Lord is my banner [ a distinguishing mark].
- Moses built an altar there and named it Yahweh-Nissi (“The Lord is my banner”). Read Exodus 17:15 (NLT). The banner is a distinguishing mark, and for you and me as the people of God, there is a distinction to our lives. Scripture says, “I’ll make you a great nation and bless you. I’ll make you famous; you’ll be a blessing. I’ll bless those who bless you; those who curse you I’ll curse. All the families of the Earth will be blessed through you.” Read Genesis 12:2. We carry the anointing and are distributors of God’s goodies. Watch this, when we build according to God’s pattern, it will separate you from the rest, because what has been assigned for you to build will be unique to you.
Again, understanding the powerful names of God thrusts us into a zone of absolute trust and commitment because we know “He who said it will do it, and He who spoke it will bring it to pass.”
My Father in heaven, thank You for counting me worthy and putting me in the ministry for such a time as this. Thank You for Your love propels me to share and encourage God’s people with the gospel of Christ.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.