At what point in life do we REMEMBER the Lord our God? I recall saying to someone, we seem to only REMEMBER the Lord our God when we get into difficult situations or when all hope is lost. Why do we wait till the 11th hour or last minute before we begin to REMEMBER the Lord our God? Simple answer, because we fail to “SEEK first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.” Read Matthew 6:33.
Okay, Ricky, the foundation is now laid based on Biblical evidence. So what I want to know is what should I be REMEMBERING? Someone says, they have had so many issues and challenges in their lives, and all the memory they have is one of pain, discomfort, this issue or that issue etc. So how possible is it for them to “REMEMBER the Lord your God”? Please hear my heart on this, I am not in any way trying to minimize challenges you might have been through, however, God’s Word is the pillar of all truth, therefore, I will point out to you what the Word of God says about what we ought to be REMEMBERING.
- REMEMBER God is Good.
- “Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good.” Read Psalm 135:3 (AMP).
- REMEMBER God Loves You.
- “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love, I have drawn you to myself.” Read Jeremiah 31:3 (NLT).
- REMEMBER God will supply all your needs.
- “You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Read Philippians 4:19 (MSG).
- REMEMBER God will never leave you nor forsake you.
- “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!” Read Hebrews 13:5 (AMP).
- REMEMBER God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for you.
- “For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His[One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life.” Read John 3:16 (AMP).
It is within your right to REMEMBER whatever it is you wish to, however, as a child of God, it is required of you and me; as a direct command from our Heavenly Father to “REMEMBER the Lord your God.” Today, I encourage you to focus on the GOODNESS, FAVOR and MERCY of GOD. If we do that long enough, we will REMEMBER, it has always been about GOD working behind the scenes of our lives, and that will trigger PRAISE in us.
#REMEMBER the Lord your God.
We write. You read. Be encouraged.